If you’re feeling daunted at the photo above and you feel like it’s a part of the matrix, you’re in the right place. That image will soon resolve itself into a video editing timeline, where you can assemble all the ingredients of what makes a successful video. You’ll be the editor, where you see many possibilities, and lay them straight on a progressively moving plate — and this is called time. So deep, we know. But that’s only because we cannot stress the importance of the editor enough. And we want you to be part of our elite group. Before you can dive into the wonderful world of editing, you need to get your hands dirty with our weapon of choice: Adobe Premiere Pro.
Mastering Adobe Premiere is a technical walkthrough course. Throughout this intensive 2-day course, students will learn the interface of Adobe Premiere and how to use non-linear editing to produce video for corporate, wedding, and event highlights of any kind. This course is for anyone who wants to do non-linear editing using Adobe Premiere Pro.
Exercises include editing a commercial, a scene in a narrative fiction, and placing and animating titles and graphics. A music video will be planned, shot and individually edited by the students as a final exercise.
See you there!
Batch 1 – January 16 & 17, 2016 (done!)
Batch 2 – February 18 & 19, 2016
Time: 10am – 6pm
Location: SHOOT! PLUS Unit 417 #77 Llanar bldg., Xavierville Avenue corner B. Gonzales St. Loyola Heights Quezon City. (near Ateneo)
At the end of this course, the student is expected to:
- know the function of each of Premiere’s panels and be able to assemble a video presentation
- know how to import and identify various file types and formats for use in assembling a movie
- use Premiere’s Project window to organize imported files
- apply transitions between clips and choose the correct transition to use
- master the basic editing process of file ingestion, clip selection, trimming and editing
- customize Premiere’s preferences and interface to fit your needs
- master editing using Adobe Premiere
- produce an editing showreel
What to Bring:
Laptops with Adobe Premiere installed (preferably version CS6 and up) and if you have digital video cameras, you can also bring them to class.
(pick Adobe Premiere Feb 18th and 19th)